Greensboro, NC-This past weekend The Wendell Scott Foundation partnered in hosting the 2014 Young Advocates Institute (YAI). This project housed, trained, and bought together 200 teens, ages 13-17, from across North Carolina and Virginia for a weekend of prevention education, leadership development, and skill building seminars. Hosted at North Carolina A & T University, Greensboro, NC.
The Institute featured many national speakers, panel discussions, campus tours, curbside consultations, and team building activities such as
• We Gon’ Show Da World: A Vision of My Future
• Welcome to the Real World: Understanding Money
• Rep Your Brand!
• The Great Debaters: I Got Something To Say!
• HER & HIStory:The Art of Storytelling
• Shark Tank: Exercise on Starting A Business
The Wendell Scott Foundation was very delighted to serve our youth and be a part of such a dynamic event and it is our hope that they enjoyed their time and stay with us as much as we enjoyed having them with us.
We look forward to hosting many more events for our youth! CHECK OUT more photos from the Young Advocates Institute!